12.20.2021

@weird_witticism

 

It took me a long time to work out what to do with Simon's beautiful sculpt: there are just so many ways you could interpret it...


In the end I took the cosmic horror into a sci-fi style. I always love the friction in mashing organic and fantastical elements with futuristic stylings (e.g. H.R. Giger), so I tried to mirror Lovecraft's tentacled monsters with a writhing mess of cables. 

The base grew straight out of my collaborators' work: I think both Simon and I were inspired by Totally Not Panicking's immense diorama display. Here I continued the style, putting my rather pathetic looking cultists in massive metal orb-helmets, wiring several of them straight into the plinth of their beloved deity.

Needless to say this was an awesome project to be part of, and I hope my work has done credit to Simon's superb initiative :)









No comments:

Post a Comment

Solstice28 returns for the third time!

The world has gone mad and help is needed everywhere. But most of us enjoy the the most wonderful time of the year: a time for giving and ch...